Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Commuters? (April, 2006)


The sculpture, "Lunchtime on a Skyscraper - A Tribute to America’s Heroes" by Italian Artist Sergio Furnari, whizzes by my apartment building. This was purely a high-speed, chance encounter and I had to swing into action, pulling up my SLR, switching it on, pointing, shooting and hoping for the best. I got off three shots before the vehicle travelled too far down Second Ave. for me to effectively capture it. This photo is the best of the three. The background is blurry because I was following the sculpture with my camera as I snapped away in rapid succession. According to an article in Hamptons.com, this sculpture was at Ground Zero for about five months and is scheduled for permanent installation at Rockefeller Center. You can see more pictures of this sculpture by fishing around the artist's Web-site (photo taken on 04-19-2006).

Visit my photo Website at Flickr.com or see my slideshows at PhotoFront.com.

No comments: