Friday, January 15, 2010

A Bird & The Setting Sun (Martha's Vineyard, August 2009)

This is a re-post - I've cleaned up the image a bit. The original image processing overwhelmed Photoshop and the result was a pronounced, unnatural, bright red corona on the sun along with some leaking of the intense orange and reds onto the bird itself. A bit of work and it's all fixed now -- restored to what my eyes actually saw.

A bird settles in on his perch to view the stunning sunset on Martha's Vineyard. The beach is just yards away to the right. Don't be fooled by the 2nd bird, just below and to the right of the perched bird. Although it looks like a predator bird carrying off a fish, it is actually just a wind directional on top of the house. Gotcha!

... And yes, I was in the right place at the right time... but I saw the shot coming in advance, set up for it, calibrated and waited. I'm glad I did.

No comments: